I was thinking about my own blog for long time. Final decision was made after answering couple of my questions such as: - Is there something meaningful you can write about? - Will you find some free time for writing posts? and so on... Answer is pretty simple: "Don't know. I'll will be writing about Oracle, Linux or other Unix-like OS and other thoughts what crossed my mind. Basicaly I will publish anything I find as interesting..." I decided to code my own blog because I couldn't found appropriate free blog software (which met all my needs) on Freshmeat site. So "Hello Blog" and I belive you enjoy it. My apologies for my English, corrections are welcomed.
- Name: Ivan Kartik
Location: Bratislava, Slovak Republic
I've been working with various technologies including Oracle products since 1998 as developer, systems analyst, and later as Senior Oracle DBA. I'm responsible for maintaining database systems mostly based on Real Application Clusters technology. My specialization is administration, design, consolidation, migrations and proper licensing of database platforms and other products mostly running on Unix and Linux operating systems and during last years exploring the world of unstructured data. Became first Oracle certified RAC Expert in Slovakia. I've been an Oracle ACE since 2006.
- How to not put company in to a risk (from DBA perspective)
- Installation of Oracle Database 12c Release 2 on Redhat 7, Oracle Linux 7
- Bad bad systemd...
- Installation of Oracle Grid Infrastructure 12c Release 2 on Redhat Linux 7 and Oracle Linux 7
- Oracle Database 12c Release 2 available for download
- Oracle Linux 7.3 release available
- Oracle Database 12cR2 online documentation available
- ACFS issue with latest UEK3 kernels on OEL 7/RHEL 7
- New package dependency for OPatch utility
- Upgrade to 12c: Put a spotlight on Database client